As the semester is nearing its end, I am beginning to work on my final project. This involves Cyber Crime. We have been focusing a lot on CyberWatch, and its involvement in the course. First let me explain a little bit on what CyberWatch is. “The mission of CyberWatch is to increase the quantity and quality of the information assurance workforce.” In other words, it is a great site for educators and students, looking to have the most accurate resources in accordance to computers and their security. You can read more about the site at http://www.cyberwatchcenter.org/
After becoming a member, I am now eligible to submit my project for a competition through Educase. This ties in great with my class because it allows us to put what we are learning into an interesting project that can be viewed by other schools around the country. I specifically have chosen to produce a video on Cyber Crime. Though I may face some challenges in making my first video, I would like to make it interesting, factual, and maybe even humorous. It is definitely a challenge to show what I have learned in such a short video clip.
My clip is going to be semi-basic, but hopefully make people think about cyber crime and have a lasting effect on them. Many people rarely think about how dangerous cyber criminals truly are. If I have one goal in this assignment it is to convince our society not to overlook these avoidable dangers. There are numerous ways to be safer, and that is what my video will be focused on. I will start by explaining cybercrime, with much information obtained from the site, http://www.techterms.com/definition/cybercrime. I will then provide the viewers with advice, tips, and resources.
Watch for the opening of the 2012 contest this fall.
ReplyDelete